[ale] Trouble installing Xemacs...needs libpng.so.1

Laith Haddadin haddadinlaith at netscape.net
Tue Sep 15 02:21:57 EDT 1998

I'm having trouble install Xemacs-20_3-4.  I'm running RedHat 5.0.  I tri=
ed
installing the rpm for the xemacs files and it gave me an error:

[root at petra /root]# rpm -i xemacs*
failed dependencies:
        libpng.so.1 is needed by xemacs-20.3-4

So, I downloaded libpng-1.0.1-3.i386.rpm from the RedHat 5.1 ftp dir.  Wh=
en I
installed it I checked /usr/lib to see if it installed libpng.so.1.  =

But it didn't.  This is what I have in my /usr/lib dir:   =

libpng.a         libpng.so.0      libpng.so.2
libpng.so        libpng.so.0.96   libpng.so.2.1.0

Is there something else I'm missing or could someone just tell me were I =
can
download this one lib file?

Thanks in advance,
   Laith E.H.

"I sometimes wear my mind on my sleave, but have a tendacy to lose my shi=
rt"
-- ???