[ale] ethernet

Adam Teja arteja at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 12 14:49:34 EDT 1998

I've got a Redhat 4.2 Linux box that I'm trying to get
to share a cable modem with other machines.

I've gotten it to the point where it can actually see
two ethernet cards; eth0 is using DHCP from the cable modem and eth1
thinks it is an IP address...

the problem.. I can't get my NT machine to ping eth1 on the Linux box
or vice a versa... The linux box can see itself (duh..) of I ping it
from it.

do I need to set up routes? or is that only with DNS?

what do I need to do to get the LAN running? I'd like to atleast get
my machines talking before I attempt to
do the IP masquerading...

any help would be appreciated...

Adam

==
all my email accounts are being forwarded to web-mail...

you may still email to:
ateja at acm.org, ateja at spsu.edu, arteja at mediaone.net
arteja at mindspring.com