[ale] <Off TopicL> McGwire

Michael D. Ivey ivey at realminfo.com
Thu Sep 10 09:08:24 EDT 1998

On Thu, Sep 10, 1998 at 08:43:11AM -0400, Robbie Honerkamp wrote:
> I have one too, and to date I've been unable to get my system to recognize
> it. I've recompiled my kernel for PCMCIA support, but when I insert the
> card:
>
>  bash-2.01$ cat /proc/baseball/dev
>  1: DALE_MURPHY mounted ro v2.7.1.2
>  bash-2.01$ cat /proc/baseball/err
>  DALE_MURPHY !ERROR!: Stupid offtopic threads unsupported for this device.
>
> I'm running kernel 2.0.33 with PCMCIA support. I've set
> MCGWIRE=ON in /usr/src/linux/Makefile.
>
> Any ideas?

You need to apply the patch from
ftp://ftp.bhof.cooperstown.ny.us/pub/linux/patches/mcgwire_6x-2.x.x.diff

It depends on kernel version and the # of HRs.  I just got mine working
yesterday.  Also, be sure the ROOKIE flag is on, to get the full performance.

HTH.

/mdi

--
Michael D. Ivey, RHCE  <ivey at realminfo.com>
Senior Technical Manager, REALM Information Technologies