[ale] linux at comdex.ENTERPRISE

Mir Shafiqul Islam mir at oisp.gsu.edu
Wed Sep 9 22:45:10 EDT 1998

I was very happy to see Linux International booth at comdex Enterprise.
BUT it was a greater surprise and happier event to find and attend that
there was a panel discussion on linux in Enterprise environment. Among the
panelists were representatives from ORacle, Informix, Wells Fargo, Intel,
RedHat, SUSE and VA Research.

Wells Fargo have been using linux internally for a while. Intel, Oracle
and Informix all gave their support for linux all the way. Also, I learned
that DELL has been selling computers with Linux preloaded through a
"stealth project" . I did not hear this before but was happy to find out.

ANyway, I thought you guys might be interested to find that Linux is
slowly making its way into Enterprise level computing. Comdex Enterprise
web site is at http://www.comdexenterprise.com

--
Mir S Islam
Systems Administrator