[ale] <Off TopicL> McGwire

Kevin J. Schmidt kjs at babbage.netops.mindspring.net
Wed Sep 9 12:47:08 EDT 1998

i totally agree. who cares that he broke a record. athletes in the
US are over paid, imho.

i remember the cancellation of the '95 world series over money. all the ball
players were crying "boo-hoo i make 3 million a year and need more money!"
it just goes to show that they no longer care about the game.

> Isn't anyone else here rather ticked that these guys
> get so much publicity and money for playing a game we used to play
> for fun when cops are out there taking bullets and protecting us
> for minimum wage?
>
> Remember how the ball PLAYERS canceled the '95 world series over
> money?
>
> Robert
> Thus spake Chris_Fowler at nad.adp.com (Chris_Fowler at nad.adp.com):
>
> > I am hearing that the Mark McGwire Rookie card is selling for 10grand.  I
> > have one and need to know where to get rid of it at.  Any ideas?
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Chris Fowler

> Robert L. Harris                |   You mean you paid
> Senior System Administrator II  |        MONEY for
>   at Great West Life.           \_    Service Pack '98???
>
> http://www.orci.com/~nomad
>
> DISCLAIMER:
>
> FYI:
>  perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'

-kjs