[ale] lilo help

David Hamm dhamm at itserve.com
Tue Sep 8 17:14:04 EDT 1998

Ok so I put the new drive on this morning and I'm having a little lilo
problem.  I had to install linux on a spare drive and use
"linux root=/dev/sdb2" at the lilo prompt to get the system up.  At this
point I have two drives in the machine, sda & sdb, with lilo properly
installed on sda I tried to get lilo installed on sdb but it hangs on
boot, all I get is "LI".  Could someone suggest how to get lilo installed
on sdb.
Another interesting tidbit. Look at my mount command output.  It does not
mention sdb it says I am running off sda2 but if I cat /proc/cmdline I get
the following. BOOT_IMAGE=linux ro root=802 root=/dev/sdb2
 #mount
/dev/sda2 on / type ext2 (rw)
none on /proc type proc (rw)