[ale] Recent influx of spam

Greg Hankins gregh at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Sep 7 21:53:45 EDT 1998

Jay Finch writes:
>	I agree.  Can we ban individual domains from the list, or do we have to
>change this list to a CLOSED list?  (I've always thought it was one..)

It's either open or closed (unless anyone else knows otherwise, the majordomo
here is ancient).

I've tried making the list closed... it didn't work very well.  The filters
aren't very good, and sometimes different hostnames in an address cause the
message to get bounced (subscribed as user at bar.foo.com and posts as
user at baz.foo.com).  People also use many different accounts to post to the
list which creates more problems.

Greg

--
Greg Hankins <greg.hankins at cc.gatech.edu>      | 2nd Atlanta Linux Showcase
MS CS Graduate Student                         | Conference and Exhibition