[ale] Re: (off topic ?) AGP video card with debian

vaidhy at wwdg.com vaidhy at wwdg.com
Tue Sep 1 09:33:01 EDT 1998

Hi Stan,

I asked a similar question at debian lists yesterday and am forwarding the reply to you. Hope it helps...

Regards,
Vaidhy

----- Included Message -----

 On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, E.L. Meijer Eric" wrote:

 > Don't know about GGI, but I just installed debian 2.0 on a system with a
 > Diamond Viper 330 AGP.  It works fine with the svga xserver, on 8, 16,
 > and 32 bit color depths, except that in the 32 bit depth the screen
 > shows some flicjkering pixels when there are changes on the screen (like
 > moving a window, or running xaos in autopilot mode).  Anyone noticed
 > this too?

  I've experianced the same thing with 32 bit depth. Am using the XF86_S3
 server from slink. What might it be?

----- End Of Included Message -----

Alike for those who for Today prepare
And those that after a Tomorrow stare;
A Muezzin from Tower of Darkness cries,
"Fools, your reward is nether here not there".
                          - Omar Khayyam