[ale] isdn

joe at ace.linuxgeneralstore.com joe at ace.linuxgeneralstore.com
Thu Oct 29 21:33:25 EST 1998

Hi guys

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Wandered Inn wrote:

> Robbie Honerkamp wrote:

> > > I've got an USR 128K ISDN card, ran about $200.  I thought this was the
> > > norm, but maybe I'm wrong.

USR cards are not good for linux the auther of the only driver said
it was hard to even get one b chanel working. we have some for sale
reeeaaaallll cheap. thay are not worth the hastle.

> > The SpellCaster card rocks. They support Linux. Their software, while
> > buggy at times, is really slick. You can address each B channel as a
> > separate device!
>
> Define buggy at times... :)

SpellCaster is the way to go if you want ISDN, thru multiple T lines.
We are the US distributor for thier products and they have some hot stuff
comming down the pipe. The buggyness refered to from above is actualy
caused from bellsouth and other baby bells in the way they implement
ISDN. The folks from Spellcaster came buy our shop last weekend and
have corected these problems. I only wish our phone company had this
level of service.

joe at linuxgeneralstore.com
http://www.linuxgeneralstore.com