[ale] MajorDomo Failing

Jay Finch horus at larp.com
Mon Oct 19 13:43:14 EDT 1998

Hi Robert!
	Let me preface this by saying that (to me) Majordomo is a big pain in the
neck, and I nowadays prefer Petidomo.  :)  But I still use Majordomo
because it is a legacy on my domain.

At 11:15 AM 10/19/98 -0600, Nomad the Wanderer wrote:
>Help,
>  I have setup and configured the latest and greatest I can
>find.  I have usuers subscribing, but when I go to mail I'm getting a
>bounce that's basically this:
>
>rocky: {40} % ./wrapper jobline
>wrapper: Trying to exec /usr2/shell/majordomo/jobline failed: No such file
or directory

	Hrm... My Majordomo setup is as follows (in my /etc/aliases file):

test: "| /var/majordomo-bck/wrapper resend -l test test-list"
test-list:  :include:/var/majordomo-bck/lists/test
owner-test:  horus
test-request: "| /var/majordomo-bck/wrapper majordomo -l test"

This is as per the (de)instructions supplied with my version of Majordomo.
(1.94.4)

You'll note that the test alias uses resend, not wrapper.  And the
test-list alias has the correct path structure in it.  So the fix for you
might be:

jobline: "|/usr2/shell/majordomo/wrapper resend -l jobline jobline-list"
jobline-list: :include:/usr2/shell/majordomo/list/jobline
jobline-request: "|/usr2/shell/majordomo/wrapper majordomo -l jobline"

Cheers!
Jay
-----
Jay Finch                       : "