[ale] Urgent, hardware problem

Al Lee al_lee at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 10 22:27:52 EDT 1998

Tri:
Sounds like the power supply is overheating for some reason. One common one is dust/dirt
on the cooling fins on one or more of the heat sinks. With all the power off/unplugged,
take a paint brush and clean them.
(clean / check the fan blades etc. too)

If that fails, with the system running, take a plastic stick of some sort and gently push
on various areas of the board(s). You may have a bad solder joint that is sensitive to
heat and or vibration.

AL Lee