[ale] Q: Zipdisk won't eject @#$!! disk

Gelatin gelatin at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 9 07:05:31 EDT 1998

At 04:05 PM 10/6/98 -0400, you wrote:

>I have an IDE Iomega zip100 drive, and it refuses to spit out the *(@#!!
>disks.  Pushing the button gets no result.  Console command no better:
>
>Maybe duct tape _is_ the answer.  FWIW: 2.0.33 kernel, IDE floppy built
>OK, transfers seem to go OK, drive is on its side (button downward), I'm
>tired of rebooting my system into windows (won't turn loose till Win is
>running) just to change the zip disk.
>
>Suggestions?  Things to look for?
>
>TIA

I had the same problem and my solution was to remove the metal top of the
drive and then manually slide the white peice of plastic when I want to
eject.  This approach is annyoying though, because the drive will not work
without the top on, so you have to replace it after each eject.  There
*MUST* be a better solution =]

Russell

"If the true Tao is lost

	then morality takes its place.

If that fails, we have 'conscience'.
When that fades, we get 'justice'.

When that disappears, we have the status quo."

 -Tao Te Ching, Chapter 38