[ale] Roadrunner w/ Linux? Anybody got a clue?

geary geary at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Oct 4 11:30:15 EDT 1998

  I know this might not be the perfect place to ask this since
Atlanta doesn't have Roadrunner (at least yet) but does anybody
know how to fool the Roadrunner modem to talking w/ a Linux box?
I just got it yesterday here in Tampa, FL and I'm listening to 99x
off Realaudio under 95 and the bandwidth is not bad for proxied
services like HTTP or UDP services like RA but it seems to suck for
ftp (why, I don't know).  I have heard that Linux is possible from
Californians talking about RR but I don't remember which ng.  Any
knowledge or pointers to ngs, FAQs, etc would be great.
   thanks,
      -geary
--
|          Carl Geary Scherer, Jr.       |      geary at bigfoot.com    |