[ale] scitech display doctor

Tri merlintm at avana.net
Thu Oct 1 21:14:31 EDT 1998

I tried out the scitech display doctor for linux and here are some
informal results.

Quake XF86_Mach64 (ATI Xperta at play)  320x200 Timedemo2 fps: 58.5
      XF86_SDD (The scitech X server)(Same vid card, resolution and
timedemo) fps:48.0

WoW! a big difference. So today free programing by rebel beat the
commercial guys. But I think we should support scitech for their
contribution to the linux market. My suggestion is that if your X server
is working well don't use scitech display doctor, but if you card isn't
supported then it's a great idea to use it. Can anyone confirm my
reports?

Tri