[ale] TouchScreen???

David Hamm dhamm at itserve.com
Mon Nov 30 17:30:18 EST 1998

We've used touch screens before and there is no magic unless you buy the cheep
ones.  The nicer touch screen monitors emulate a Microsoft mouse the cheaper
ones have their own protocol and may require special driver development.  Both
use the serial port.   No real need for any special software the only problem
is the size of the menus and buttons. ANSI screens lend themselvs better to
touchscreens than do graphics screens simply because of the size of the buttons
and menus.

--
David Hamm
email: dhamm at itserve.com