[ale] Hard Drive Upgrade

Bob Kruger bkruger at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 25 10:18:24 EST 1998

A couple of months ago I saw a discussion on doing a hard drive upgrade to
an existing installation.  I didn't follow the discussion as closely as I
should have....

I now need to upgrade my Linux based SQL server in regards to HD size.  As
the HD that the kernel and base system is loaded on approaches four years
old, it would probably be a good idea to replace it as well.

Any ideas or suggestions on copying from the old drive to the new drive
other that " cd / ; cp -r * ...."  ?

I want to make sure that all of my links are properly preserved.

Bob