[ale] pcmcia installed!

Lisa Chiang gt6492d at gatech.campus.mci.net
Wed May 20 10:40:19 EDT 1998

Thanks for all the help guys.  I downloaded pcmcia-cs-3.01 and everything
installed OK.  When reading the latest README, it suggested that I exclude irq 5
and 9 for Micron Tranports (the laptop I'm using.)  So maybe all I had was
an IRQ conflict!

We'll see if the combination of a new kernel, pcmcia module, and new pcmcia
options does the trick.  I certainly hope so.

Anyway, from now on I'm going to use the kernel tarballs.  The rpm kernel stuff
always confused me so I never upgraded my kernel.  But the tarball is something
I understand now that you've taught me how to patch my kernel.

Now I have to get back to work.  My husband was getting anxious because I was
recompiling the kernel inbetween some computer runs (MCNP).  I told him you'd
get me through this and I was right!

gt6492d at gatech.campus.mci.net
Lisa Chiang