[ale] PostgreSQL

Andrew Newton lfs at eskimo.com
Thu May 7 11:03:05 EDT 1998

Go to http://www.postgresql.org and download the 6.3 tgz from there.
You have to build it, but that is pretty simple to do... just follow
the README.  Since Linux is one of the standard platforms for it,
building it from source is easy.

I've installed both 6.2.1 and 6.3 that way on a RedHat 5.0 system.
With 6.2.1, I installed it and ran the regression tests before I realized
I had downloaded an old version.  So then I downloaded 6.3, installed
it, ran the regression tests, have played with the JDBC drivers, and
have used the psql interface a bit.

Mofid Francis wrote:

> Has anyone experimented or installed PostgreSQL.  I downloaded the
> postgres.rpm from the redhat site and i am having trouble making the
> database program work.
>
> If anyone has done this, please email or any suggestions.  I have redhat
> kernel 2.0.27 installed.

> *  This message was sent to you from the terminal of:                  *
> *                                                                      *
> *                                                                      *
> *                    ////  ////     /////    ///////                   *
> *                    //  //  //    //   //   //                        *
> * http://heart.engr.csulb.edu/~mfrancis                                *

What Do You Want To Spend Today?                 Andrew Newton
Linux, FREE for an unlimited time!              lfs at eskimo.com
www.debian.org/social_contract.html        www.eskimo.com/~lfs