[ale] libc5 vs libc6

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Mon May 4 17:24:19 EDT 1998

On  4 May, Nomad the Wanderer wrote:
> Sounds nasty, but necessary (the find/file/ldd) but I would also like
> to know which libs I can get rid of is the problem.  I don't want
> anything floating around I don't need.

I remembered the name of what you want.  There's a package called
binstats which essentially does the find/ldd routine across your whole
hard drive.  It'll then output what each executable's linked to, how
many suid and nonsuid scripts you have, and lots of good stuff like
that.  It'll also tell you how many times each library's linked
against, so you can find all the ones you don't need and delete them to
save space.

I think there's an rpm some place in the contrib directories on
ftp.redhat.com....

later,
chris