[ale] Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts May Meeting

Greg Hankins gregh at cc.gatech.edu
Fri May 1 00:17:23 EDT 1998

Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts - May meeting notice.

	     Come and join your fellow Linux Enthusiasts
		for another high-spirited ALE meeting.

			   Thursday 14 May
			       7:00 PM
		  Georgia Tech College of Computing
			       Room 17

			     THIS MONTH:

      Using Linux to Short Circuit the Internet Product Design Cycle
		   John Brothers, Elastic Networks

    In September 1997, I was asked to produce a router-like product to
      provide additional features to a core product line that was in
  development. Based on the feature set required, and the relative skill
  of the development team members, it was estimated that developing the
  system from a standard embedded operating system base would have taken
   3-4 people approximately 18 months. By using Linux, we had the core
  functionality completed in 1 week, and were able to begin a much less
  		    risky iterative design cycle.

		For more info, visit the ALE web page:
		      <URL:http://www.ale.org/>

       For Directions to the Georgia Tech College of Computing:
   <URL:http://www.cc.gatech.edu/external.affairs/directions.html>