[ale] Apache 1.3.0

Dave[tm] spork at trusted.net
Mon Jun 29 22:12:47 EDT 1998

ale-

I downloaded and installed apache 1.3.0 on my system.  I configured all the
*conf files for my needs, now I have a question.  When I try and access a
cgi script through the browser, it simply prints the actual code and dosent
execute the script, even though the script is chmod -x'd.

When I rename the file to whatever.cgi, it gives me a 403: Forbidden error
in the browser.  Any clues on how to fix this?

Also, CGI-newbie question:  I see that there is a
/usr/local/apache/share/cgi-bin directory.  I'm assuming this is where all
my cgi scripts go.  However, the document root is set for
/usr/local/apache/share/htdocs/.  Do I have to create a symlink to
../cgi-bin from htdocs/?

Thanks,
Dave
dave at spork.deflux.org