[ale] Setting up a www account

denethor denethor at apr.net.au
Mon Jun 22 23:59:50 EDT 1998

Hi everyone, I am new to linux, and I have a question, this email is a
little long winded, but I hope I explain myself well enough to get an
answer :)

Our company has its own isp, which provides services to our clients. I
have hooked up a linux server through the hub to this isp, therefor I
have continual internet connection. I have set this linux server up to
run a mud predominately, but I now know that I can host my own www page
on it. The isp admin will set up my domain name (which is registered
with internic) in the isp config,(ie he is going to re delegate the
domain name from the isp it is running on now, to our isp at APR.) but
my question is, what do I have to do on my server, so that I can a) ftp
my files up to the server, and set up the http daemon (that is what I
was told I was using) on my linux server, for the page to be accessable
on the internet itself...

I hope that I have not confused everyone and myself, and worded this
right..

thanks heaps

denethor