[ale] forwarded message from Support

Linux Idiot esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Mon Jun 22 14:35:53 EDT 1998

Eric Z. Ayers wrote:

> Wow.  That's not a response I was expecting.  Just goes to show you
> that it never hurts to ask about a Linux version...

I've made this a standard procedure and I think all Linux users should.
I've recently made calls to Adobe regarding Photoshop, Netscape
regarding Enterprise, 3Com regarding an ISDN card, Intuit regarding
Quicken and TurboTax.  They all pretty much say the same thing, that is,
they don't get enough requests.  Well, we all need to be very verbose
and explicit regarding these and other software packages.  Linux is
great for those of use in the development world, but if we really expect
it to make a dent in the desktop, these are the kind of packages we need
to see ported, not to mention games.  Make the call, or drop the email,
as Eric has and you may be surprised.  Your call or email maybe the one
that convinces a particular vendor...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

Get Windows CE and watch Windows crash in the palm of your hand...