[ale] ppp-compress-2[146]?

Jason Boyles jason at chunk.hboc.com
Wed Jun 17 13:29:51 EDT 1998

On Wed, Jun 17, 1998 at 12:59:18PM -0400, Steven A DuChene wrote:
> Robert:
> I am experiencing the same problem with 2.1.106 when I try to run pppd.
> [ . . . ]
> BTW, I have got pppd-2.3.3 and it seems to connect & dial fine but
> quits when it can't find those modules.

Try a new version of pppd. Mine stopped working when I went from
2.1.97 to 2.1.106. I rectified the situation by upgrading pppd to
v2.3.5.

related trivia:

Part of the problem with pppd was it couldn't handle the three
digit revision level, so when the kernel hit 2.1.100 it stopped
working.

----
Jason Boyles <jason at chunk.hboc.com>