[ale] PPP-Help

RHS Linux User bj at cth.ccsl.com.np
Wed Jun 17 19:41:10 EDT 1998

Dear Sir /Madame ,

I am a newbie at redhat linux . I want to connect to my isp using minicom.
I am using redhat 4.2 .
When I read the minicom howto , it talks about loading ppp dameon (pppd)
through the minicom software and unloading too after finishing .
I have compiled my ppp into my kernel , so there is no pppd now but
intregated into my kernel .
So how do I load ppp that is intregated into my kernel from minicom.I am
using chap autentication i.e. after I dial , I give my username , password
then type ppp. I get funny charaters , so I know that ppp got started in
the server end . Now how do I start ppp in my end too.
Help me if you could . I will be very greatful for your help .
Send message?