[ale] AfterStep w/ SuSE?

David A. Brooks root at 777.net
Mon Jun 8 02:23:05 EDT 1998

ale-

Okay, due to an unfortunate turn of events, I was forced to reinstall over
my old Linux partition...but anyways.. thats not the problem.

Currently, I am running S.u.S.E. 5.1 with kernel 2.0.34.  I've downloaded
just about every AfterStep 1.4.* distro I possibly can... however, after I
run the './configure' and then run 'xmkmf', I get the following error:

---------- 8<   snip   >8 -------------

.:[/incoming/AfterStep-1.4.5.55N]# xmkmf
mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
Imakefile.c:13: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory
imake: Exit code 33.
  Stop.

---------- 8<   snip   >8 -------------

This same version compiled on Slackware 3.4 running kernel 2.0.34.
To me it looks like its looking for a file called 'Imake.tmpl' but its not
finding it... either with an error in the configure script or some other
odd reason unbeknownst to me.  What baffles me is that it compiles on
Slackware...

Regards,

Dave

David A. Brooks