[ale] Striping

Tri Ngo merlintm at avana.net
Sat Jun 6 10:23:13 EDT 1998

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01BD9135.1C9BAAE0

Right now the configuration on my computer is:
Windoze 95 on master 4.3g UDMA hard drive and=20
linux and swap on a puny little 830mg hardrive. Well as you can guess I =
have ran out of room. So I would like to change it to this =
configuration.

Hard drive A UDMA master 4.3=3D3.3 partition for Windoze and a 1gig =
partion for linux.

Hard drive B slave 830meg=3D800 meg partition for linux and 30 meg =
partion for swap.

Ok, I've heard of a technique called striping two harddrives when I was =
configuring a kernel. As far as I can understand striping causes two =
partition to show up as one and double the throughput by pingponging the =
data betweent the two. I hope I'm right here. So the question is : is it =
possible to stripe the 1 gig linux partion on drive A and the 800 meg =
partition on drive B? If it is, how? If not, what else can I do? Please =
I need detailed instructions since I'm not a wise as you allknowing =
Linux gurus. So basically, I need to know how to stripe two partions =
together.

Thank you I advance,
Tri

PS: If your wondering why windoze gets the big and buff partition, its =
because it's a fat a** os anyway, so I know linux can handle the leaner =
one. But windoze will soon find it's way out.=20

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01BD9135.1C9BAAE0

</pre>
<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Right now the configuration on my =
computer=20
is:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Windoze 95 on master 4.3g UDMA hard drive and =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>linux and swap on a puny little 830mg hardrive. Well =
as you=20
can guess I have ran out of room. So I would like to change it to this=20
configuration.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hard drive A UDMA master 4.3=3D3.3 partition for =
Windoze and a=20
1gig partion for linux.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hard drive B slave 830meg=3D800 meg partition for =
linux and 30=20
meg partion for swap.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Ok, I've heard of a technique called striping two =
harddrives=20
when I was configuring a kernel. As far as I can understand striping =
causes two=20
partition to show up as one and double the throughput by pingponging the =
data=20
betweent the two. I hope I'm right here. So the question is : is it =
possible to=20
stripe the 1 gig linux partion on drive A and the 800 meg partition on =
drive B?=20
If it is, how? If not, what else can I do? Please I need detailed =
instructions=20
since I'm not a wise as you allknowing Linux gurus. So basically, I need =
to know=20
how to stripe two partions together.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thank you I advance,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Tri</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PS: If your wondering why windoze gets the big and =
buff=20
partition, its because it's a fat a** os anyway, so I know linux can =
handle the=20
leaner one. But windoze will soon find it's way=20
out. </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01BD9135.1C9BAAE0--