[ale] A Return to Linux

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at tfreeman.vnet.net
Tue Jul 28 14:13:20 EDT 1998

I rather like the Red Hat distribution for my self, but I've got an axp
machine also, so Red Hat keeps things slightly simpler for me. I've had
the Caldera system on this machine for a few days, and had no problems.
Caldera would be strong if you need Novel access. Debian I've heard
nothing but good about. Actually, that pretty well describes all the
distributions I can think of, including Slakware (for the hacker who
doesn't have time to fix other people's assumptions).

I wish that helped, but somehow I don't think so...

On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Justin Webb Russell wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I haven't used Linux in a couple of years and have decided to reload it onto my PC.
> I have an old distribution CD (with slakware, RedHat, Debian distributions, etc.)
> Can I have some opinions as to which distribution to use now?  What is the easiest way to
> get me up and running again.  I am sure my CD is quite out of date by now...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Justin

It is good to have enemies,
Ememies will spend enough time to help.