[ale] Gibberish on the terminal

Blake Sorensen doorslam at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 3 09:42:17 EDT 1998

Allright, I was running a command, and it returned a lot of info but it =
was all in gibberish - it looked like the wrong character set, but just =
lowercase letters were affected.  Capitals were clearly readable, but =
everything else was boxes and lines and symbols.  I know there's a way =
to get this back to normal, but what is it?  And what causes this?

--
Blake Sorensen
By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets =