[ale] Unix to Win 95 printing

Stan Hearn Stan.Hearn at ipst.edu
Thu Feb 5 22:10:56 EST 1998

Can Samba be used to print to a Win 95 client if the client is
configured with "File and printer sharing for Netware networks"

I've installed it and I've looked extensively for directions on how to
configure clients to no avail.

"NetBIOS runs over the following tranports: TCP/IP; NetBEUI and IPX/SPX.
Samba only uses NetBIOS over TCP/IP. " Netbios.txt

I see a checkbox for the IPX/SPX protocol to enable NETBIOS over
IPX/SPX.  I don't see a way to enable NETBIOS over TCP/IP.

Am I barking up the wrong tree?  I'm currently using RPM.  It's a BSD
LPD Win95 app which can redirect BSD print jobs to a Windows queue.
Very often, I mean several times a day, the Win95 printers on this
machine turn themselves off to WORK OFFLINE.  You must go to that system
and turn them back on.

Well I'm looking for another solution and I thought that Samba would be
the answer.  BTW I've got Samba intalled on a Solaris 2.5 system.

Thanks,
Stan Hearn