[ale] [Fwd: "Cathedral and Bazzar" meeting with Silicon Valley CEO's]

David S. Jackson dsj at dsj.net
Sun Feb 1 13:08:17 EST 1998

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, Geoffrey Myers wrote:

> Found this terribly interesting.  Links Netscape's decision to release
> Navigator as freeware to Linux.
>
> glen at substance.abuse.blackdown.org wrote:

<snip>
> > This is the big time, people -- the Internet free-software culture's
> > breakout into commercial viability at a level even Wall Street can see
> > is happening *now*.  And I'm involved it up to my ears.  *Gulp!*
> > You'll have to excuse me for being a bit distracted just now.  I've
> > got some preparation to do...

I think Eric S. Raymond is one of the most interesting people I've ever
had the pleasure to listen to.  Or read.  The guy is the consumate
"renaissance hacker."  If there is a linux hall of fame somewhere, he
ought to be nominated!

Once again, his homepage is http://earthspace.net/~esr/

He does have an interesting opinion about a wide variety of subjects!
--
                       __   _
David S. Jackson      / /  (_)__  __ ____  __

            * * * CHOICE OF A GNU GENERATION * * *