[ale] SCSI

Eric Ayers eric at compgen.com
Sun Feb 1 11:34:45 EST 1998

I don't know about Linux and ataptec cards, but this exactly the kind of
error we see on our Digital Unix boxes when either:

1) The SCSI ID of the CDROM is in conflict with another device on the SCSI
   chain.
2) There is a terminator loose or missing from the bus.

In fact, we sometimes sabatoge our training box in this way so that people
learning how to install our systems quickly learn to recognize this
common kind of error...

-Eric.