[ale] Kernel Fault help...

Jay Finch horus at larp.com
Thu Dec 31 12:22:54 EST 1998

--=====================_1185912622==_.ALT

I'll reply to both Chris & Eric in this message. :)

At 08:09 AM 12/31/98 -0500, Chris Ricker wrote:
>Read /usr/src/linux/README and do what it says.  Basically, you want to
>compile ksymoops.cc (in the scripts subdirectory of the kernel tree; note
>that it's a C++ prog) and run your log through that like it tells you.
>Then, mail the result to linux-kernel.

        Cool.  I figured I'd get the straight dope from y'all and then move
forward...

>What version kernel is this with?  Is it reproducible (eg, does an attempt
>to load a particular URL always result in it)?

        It's Kernel 2.0.35, and it's erratic.  I'm going to go through the logs
with a fine toothed comb and figure out what's causing it.  (Right now it just
appears at random -- My /var/log/syslog and /var/log/messages indicate that
nothing special was going on when the kernel faulted, but that could be
erroneous.  (The machine isn't local at my house, it's down at the Provider's
office where the T-1 is))

Thanks for your help!

Cheers!
Jay

-----
Jay Finch                       : "So what is it this time, Mr.
Owner/GKE of NERO-Atlanta       :  Bester?  Hunting out Freedom
(770) 650-0410  (voice)         :  Fighters?  Pulling the wings
(770) 902-3049  (pager)         :  off flies?  Annexing the
horus at larp.com                  :  Sudetenland?"
kateth at bck.org                  :               -- Zach Allen, Babylon 5
MTBI Survey says:  ENXJ         :
      Check out my home page at:  http://www.photobooks.com/~horus/

--=====================_1185912622==_.ALT

</pre>
:)</div>
you want to</div>
tree; note</div>
tells you.</div>
I figured I'd get the straight dope from y'all and then move
forward...</div>
does an attempt</div>
Kernel 2.0.35, and it's erratic.  I'm going to go through the logs
with a fine toothed comb and figure out what's causing it.  (Right
now it just appears at random -- My /var/log/syslog and /var/log/messages
indicate that nothing special was going on when the kernel faulted, but
that could be erroneous.  (The machine isn't local at my house, it's
down at the Provider's office where the T-1 is))</div>

Jay
Finch
: &quot;So what is it this time, Mr.<br>
Owner/GKE of NERO-Atlanta       :
Bester?  Hunting out Freedom<br>
(770) 650-0410
(voice)         :
Fighters?  Pulling the wings<br>
(770) 902-3049
(pager)         :  off
flies?  Annexing the<br>
horus at larp.com
:  Sudetenland?&quot;<br>
kateth at bck.org
:
<x-tab>      </x-tab><x-tab>        </x-tab>--
Zach Allen, Babylon 5<br>
MTBI Survey says:
ENXJ         : <br>
      Check out my home page at: