[ale] ssh

Zot O'Connor zot at ZotConsulting.com
Mon Dec 21 03:22:57 EST 1998

Matthew Brown wrote:

> I took a look at their product line.  Looks kinda snappy.  Have any of you
> used this stuff before?  not just the ssh commercial cleitn, but the DNS
> Administrator and the VPN+ software as well?
>
> best regards,
> -Matthew Brown

I resell Data Fellows (largely due to needing ssh).

SSH -- we all know and love
VPN+ -- Beyond cool.  A firewall on each desktop (NT/95/98 now, Solaria
in a few months, then linux).
File Crypto -- Encrypt on the fly and bozos can figure it out safely.
A/V -- Anti-Virus that screams (It doesn't even slow down my NT
system!).
NameSurfer -- Sweet DNS management, especially for ISPs.

A/V, FileCrypto, and VPN+ all use the same centralized manager which
means you can have draconian control over things.  Nice for maintaining
backup keys, keeping students from disabling virus protect, and
upgrading automatically.

If you need price quotes email me, I pass discounts to ALE members.

--
Zot O'Connor

www.ZotConsulting.com
www.WhiteKnightHackers.com