[ale] WordPerfect Install ???'s

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Fri Dec 18 13:19:30 EST 1998

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. enscribed thusly:
> >     Am I doing anything wrong.  I am doing all this from the command
> > line.  Should I be doing it from XWindows?  The readme files are vague
> > on this.

> You just answered your own question, yes the X server should be running
> when you do this, because the installer is graphical.

	Not suppose to be required...  Here is from the instructions on
the download page:

               After this has been done, type ./Runme
               to start the install program.

               Note: If you can, run the install from a
               terminal window from within X
               Windows, because the X-based install
               is a more familiar interface (this is not a
               required step, however).

> --
> Critter at Wizvax.Net
> Stealing is illegal... the government hates competition.
> PGP key available at http://www.wizvax.net/critter/pgpkey.html.

	Mike
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 925-8248   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/