[ale] WordPerfect for Linux

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Thu Dec 17 12:15:35 EST 1998

Ryan ...... enscribed thusly:
>     I got an email yesterday from the Corel listserv that WordPerfect 8
> for Linux was going to be available for free download from Download.com.

>     Has anyone been able to find this?  Unless I can't figure out how to
> click on links anymore, I can't find it.

	I tried following the links from www.corel.com over to there and got
a broken link message.  My guess is that they don't have it up yet.  Corel
is currently kinda schitzo.  Their home page says "1 day until the download"
but the page on linux.corel.com says "download now available".  You go
over to the download link and it has a button pointing over to download.com.
If you hit that link, download.com responds with "Sorry, you have tried to
reach a page that doesn't exist".  I hope they get their act together quick!
I'm sure the demand is hot for this.  I'll bet, if the webmasters are awake,
they're wondering why all the hammering on this non-existant page.

	BTW...  I've already ordered a copy of the CDRom from LinuxMall
to get all of the clip art and goodies that aren't in the download version.
I just want to get my hands on the download version to get it up and running
quick!

	Cc'ed: to support and webmaster @corel.com

>         Ryan

	Mike