[ale] FTP Recursion at Host

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Fri Dec 11 16:35:00 EST 1998

jeff_hubbs at mcgraw-hill.com enscribed thusly:
> >From Linux, when I FTP to a host, how do I "mget" a whole directory tree
> with the structure intact?

	Some ftp servers allow for doing a "get foo.tar" where "foo" is
a directory and it then tars the results into one big tarball.  Other
than that (and that is server dependent), I use "fmirror" to "mirror"
the directory from the remote site to mine...

> - Jeff

	Mike
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 925-8248   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/