[ale] PCMCIA card has disappeared

Wandered Inn marct at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 4 14:40:32 EST 1998

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Wandered Inn wrote:
> jeff_hubbs at mcgraw-hill.com wrote:
> >
> > I've been using a 3com Ethernet/modem card on my RH5.1 laptop for some time
> > now quite peachily.
>
> <SNIP>
>
> > FWIW, the card still works fine in Win95 although I find that I have to
> > pull the cord out and push it back in for it to work right.

	On my toshiba I've had install programs or service packs
	flip the config on my PCMCIA controler from PCIC to Cardbus.
	When it does that _nothing_ works under linux.  Win95 likes
	it either way, make sure your PCMCIA chipset is in 16bit mode.
	You'll normally find this setting in your bios screens.

Marc Torres
marct at mindspring.com