[ale] Control Panel Process Running Amok

andy dread at atlcom.net
Wed Dec 2 07:52:24 EST 1998

Hmmm I wonder why I don't have this problem.
I have a similar setup to yours (RH5.1 - Samba)
(AMDK6-2 350 running at 400MHz) but i am running
in runlevel 3.  I did'nt use xdm, instead,  I use
rexec and x-win32. I can run gnome stuff on the
98/NT box and they all exit cleanly. Even with
X running on the box and a remote Gnome session,
my CPU usage never gets to 95%.  I will try switching
to runlevel 5 and see what happens

Andy
--
"We are living organisms on a tiny, mud-covered speck
  of fire that floats in an immense black vacuum."