[ale] Anyone use the HP P'n'P SCSI card for scanners w/Linux?

John M. Mills jmills at jmills.gtri.gatech.edu
Wed Apr 15 16:03:11 EDT 1998

ALE'rs--

Before wandering out to spend money, I wondered if anyone had managed to
run the OEM Symbios PnP SCSI card which comes with H-P scanners (mine is a
4p) under Linux?  I haven't tried use PnP under Linux -- the card is a
"throw-away" H-P delivers with the scanner, and for which neither Symbios
nor (AFAIK) H-P provides any support information.

I know I should also be praying to the patron of lost causes, but ...

  John M. Mills, Senior Research Engineer   --   john.mills at gtri.gatech.edu
    Georgia Tech Research Institute, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332-0834
          Phone contacts: 404.894.0151 (voice), 404.894.6285 (FAX)
 "The one piece of advice I can give you is, put on sunscreen and wear a hat."
                          -- Ted Turner, GSU Commencement, Atlanta, 1994