[ale] modem advice wanted

Linux Idiot esoteric at atlnet.com
Mon Apr 13 14:13:51 EDT 1998

Bob Toxen wrote:

> It sounds like you got a great deal from USR!.

It get's better.  I just called them yesterday to upgrade to the new 56k
standard.  They, again, are sending me a brand new modem, with a
shipping label to ship my other one back.  They did take a visa card
number in the event the other modem doesn't find it's way back. :)

This upgrade isn't costing me anything either.

So, if you have a 56K USR modem (or any 28.8/33.6), check out their web
site, there's very good instructions as to what you need to do to get
the upgrade as well as costs, if there are any.  Apparently, if you own
a 28.8 or 33.6 USR, you can upgrade it as well, but there are charges
associated with that.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at atlnet.com

NT is secure.... as long as you don't remove the shrink wrap.
Want to speed up your NT box real cheap?  Replace NT with Linux...