[ale] Berkeley DB compile fails

Daniel Boyd dboyd at berry.edu
Fri Apr 10 14:36:00 EDT 1998

Hello,

I am attempting to compile the Berkeley DB code ver. 2.3.16 on both
RedHat 5.0 and RedHat 4.0 systems and the compile fails at the same
point on both systems.  The end result is to get my hands on the
db_dump185 binary which will dump my old .db files out to a format
that I can db_load back into my system.  The errors I receive are:

db_dump185.o: In function 'main':
db_dump185.o(.text+0xc0): undefined reference to 'dbopen'
db_dump185.o(.text+0xd9): undefined reference to 'dbopen'
make: *** [db_dump185] Error 1

This doesn't appear to be a glibc problem (happens on RedHat 4.0
also).  Is there a trick to getting this to compile on Linux in
general?  Required libs? Is there by chance an RPM?  Help me, this is
causing me much grief...

Dan

Daniel Boyd, CNA              Voice: 706/236-1750
Network Manager               Fax: 706/238-7858
Computing and Technology      email: dboyd at berry.edu
Berry College         "We are confronted with
                       insurmountable opportunities."
                             -Walt Kelly