[ale] Announcing a petition to show support for the PowerPC platform

Steven A. DuChene sduchene at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 30 08:22:46 EDT 1997

The following came across the Linux/pmac mailing list and I thought
some folks here might be interested in promoting this effort. The
site is at least worth a look to read the excellently written
petition asking manufactures to consider Linux on PowerPC systems
since licensing MacOS has become such a hassle.

> I would like to officially announce a petition to PowerPC hardware
> manufacturers aimed at showing the support for Linux on PowerPC by the
> user community.
>
> The goal of this is to show the remaining manufacturers that there are
> alternatives to the MacOS, and that these alternatives may prove to be a
> growing market.
>
> So if you use Linux on a PowerPC, you should *definitely* sign this.
> So should anyone who uses Intel-Linux and believes that healthy
> competition is a good thing.
>
> Show your support for Linux!! Sign the petition!!
> http://www.dodds.net/~hozer/petition.html
>
> (I will post the full text of the petition to this mailing list if I get
> several requests)
> | Troy Benjegerdes    |    troybenj at iastate.edu    |    hozer at dodds.net    |
> |    Unix is user friendly... You just have to be friendly to it first.    |
> | This message composed with 100% free software.     http://www.linux.org  |

Steven A. DuChene   Linux Fan!  http://www.mindspring.com/~sduchene

.... Our continuing mission: To seek out knowledge of C, to explore
strange UNIX commands, and to boldly code where no one has man page 4.