[ale] question about slackware 3.2

Josh Murrah jmurrah at spaceghost.salug.org
Mon Sep 29 09:25:38 EDT 1997

I was checking my mail this morning on my linux box (Slackware 3.2), and I
noticed the hard drive was getting hit pretty hard.  I grabbed a rxvt
session and did a ps -auxww and found a "find -d -regexp (^tmp/)
(^var/tmp)" ... etc., or something close to that.  Does anybody know what
was going on?  Is that a periodoc command issued by Slackware?? I couldn't
find it in the crontab, and I'm a little wary.  I could find no rlogins or
in.telnet's and no rsh's that I could tell.  I'm sitting behind a firewall
so I don't know what to think.  Ohyeah, and no root logins other than the
ones that I knew were me.

TIA,

Joshua Murrah, jmurrah at salug.org, http://www.salug.org/~jmurrah
This mail is a natural product.  The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to
be considered flaws or defects.