[ale] MSD format specifier for Linux?

Bob Stickel robert.stickel at gtri.gatech.edu
Wed Sep 17 14:13:56 EDT 1997

Check the man page for setfdprm(8) and have a look at /etc/fdprm.  There are
several parameters like sectors/track, inter-sector gap, etc. that need to
be set.  I've been able to read HP-300 series floppies on an '86 box with
some creative guessing.  The general idea is:

1) make sure you have  rw  permissions on the drive

2) slot your floppy

3) edit /etc/fdprm

4) run setfdprm

Oh, and you need to setfdprm back to the original config before you can use
the drive normally again.

Lotsa luck.

Robert Stickel                          robert.stickel at gtri.gatech.edu
EOEML/GTRI                              Voice: (404) 894-0153
Georgia Institute of Technology         Fax:   (404) 894-6285
Atlanta, GA 30332-0865

If Heineken merged with Lowenbrau, would they sell Lowneken or Heinebrau?