[ale] Linux and Kodak Digital Camera

Robert L Harris nomad at rocky.orci.com
Tue Sep 16 20:21:10 EDT 1997

> > No,
> >   This isn't really off topic.
>
> As if anything on this list ever is ;-).

Not always my fault!!! :>

> I dunno if this will help you or not.  I've played with a few different
> digital cameras (at work, borrowed from friends, etc.) and tried a
> couple under linux.  Here's the software I know of; perhaps it'll be
> enough to give your friend ideas:
>
> http://www.mit.edu/people/mkgray/ephoto (for the Agfa ePhoto; worth
> visiting just for the image of Tux the Linux Penguin using an Agfa ;-).
>
> ftp://ftp.cc.gatech.edu/pub/linux/apps/graphics/capture/photopc-1.5.tar.gz
> (for the Epson PhotoPC; more importantly, this comes with source code
> you can show your friend)
>
> http://www.lyot.obspm.fr/~dl/dc20/ has the beginnings of Linux support
> for the Kodak DC20 (I'd hope Kodak uses basically the same access
> protocol for all their digital cameras).

Chris,
  If you're ever in colorado, or when I get back to Atlanta, I owe you
a beer.  It sounds like a good start.

Thanks,
Robert

Robert L. Harris          |    If NT is the answer,
System Engineer For Hire. \_     you don't understand the question.

Email:
Robert at ast.lmco.com
http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER: