[ale] Plug and Play cards/bios and Windows 95

Geoffrey Myers geof at abraxis.com
Thu Sep 11 16:58:00 EDT 1997

Colin McIssac wrote:

> -- From what I have been able to read it appears that Linux with the 2.1
> kenal supports plug and play capability is this correct?  The other
> question I have is the Matrox Mystique 220 card supported or would the
> generic SVGA drivers work.

I believe there is limited support for the Mystique card in the 3.2/3.3
Xfree drivers.  The SVGA is the driver you would use.  Check out the
Xfree web site.

Can't help you with the plug and cuss stuff...

>         Is the 2.1 kernal stable for plug and play capability or is it stil
> under development.  If it is still under development is their a way to
> initialize the plug and play stuff so that linux could use them. (
> everything on my computer is plug and play including the monitor. )
>

> ________________________________________________________________________________|
> |   Colin A. McIsaac                         Voice: (404)
> 562-8013             |
> |   US Enviornmental Protection Agency       Voicemail: (404)
> 562-8013         |
> |   OPM/OIEA
> Email:                            |
> |   Atlanta Federal Center
> mcisaac.colin at epamail.epa.gov     |
> |   61 Forsyth Street
> cam01 at silvertip.r04.epa.gov       |
> |   Atlanta, Georgia
> 30303                                                     |

Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at abraxis.com	http://www.abraxis.com/geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....