[ale] Learning Linux

Geoffrey Myers geof at abraxis.com
Tue Sep 9 21:28:42 EDT 1997

Kellie Wright wrote:

> I want to learn linux, but my computer knowledge is very limited, where
> should I start, I am familier with Win95 etc, but not with languages,
> can I still learn linux.

I would say yes, you can learn Linux.  There are a number of places I
would start.  You've found one of them, ALE, go to the monthly meetings,
listen and ask questions. (if you're local) Next, get a copy of the
latest HOWTO docs, via ftp or cdrom.  Check out some of the major Linux
web sites, some of my early favorites:

http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/LDP/gs/gs.html
http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/

Check out the Linux newsgroups.

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at abraxis.com	http://www.abraxis.com/geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....