[ale] Media cablemodem

Zephaniah E. Hull warp at whitestar.soark.net
Tue Sep 9 13:54:43 EDT 1997

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Robert L Harris wrote:

> > > What is the cost for media1?  @home charges $35/month 10mb downstream, 1mb
> > > upstream.
> >
> > > Steve Derezinski
> > > sjd at mindspring.com
Go check out www.atl.mediaone.net (warning extream depandance on graphics
and frames)
According to the special deal they are just now offering its $40 a month
if you get tv cabel from them (note that there basic basic plain, which is
not much at all but does give you the broadcast channels, is only $10 a
month)
They are currently only serving a limited number of areas in atlanta
however they plan on going area wide in a few months, they are also
planning on offering phone service after that.
> > It's $50/month plus $150 installation.
> > They are http://www.mediaone.com/express/atlanta/home/index.html

Luckly they saw the light on the install and killed it (=:]

> > Does @home serve the Atlanta area?  What's their web page?
>
> I don't know if they're in atlanta, but they're at www.home.net
>
> I'm trying to get service in Denver and it's rediculous.
> I've been told 6months to sometime after 2000....
>
> Who provides your cabletv does your cable modem.  @Home is a collection
> of other cable companies getting together.  TCI and others.  It's all
> laid out pretty well on their web page.  They even have a place to fill
> out an application and they will tell you if you're not elidgeable...
I'll have to look into them myself...

Zeph (Who needs to get around to sleeping more then once every 24 hours or
so..)