[ale] sendmail

Terry Lee Tucker terry at esc1.com
Thu Oct 30 11:56:49 EST 1997

Hi ALE:

I have my machine setup as a gateway for the internet and as the mail
server for my network.  I have a PPP connection coming in from the other
side of town.  All the mail that comes in from the outside world is
routed to her machine as it should be per the information is
sendmail.cw.  When I send mail to her using Netscape, it is routed to
her machine as it should be per the information in aliases:
diana at titan.esc1.com.  However, when from the command line I type:
mail diana blah blah, it goes to her mailbox on my machine.

The name of her machine is Titan.  The name of mine is Gateway.  The
domain name is esc1.com.

Here is my sendmail.cw:
# sendmail.cw - include all aliases for your machine here.
titan.esc1.com
esc1.com

The sendmail.cf contains the default setup.

Here is the Titan setup:
sendmail.cw:
# sendmail.cw - include all aliases for your machine here.
esc1.com

Here is only the modifications to sendmail.cf on Titan:
# who I send unqualified names to (null means deliver locally)
DRgateway.esc1.com

# who gets all local email traffic ($R has precedence for unqualified
names)
DHgateway.esc1.com

# who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading) (see also $=M)
DMesc1.com

Even if it type "mail diana at titan.esc1.com", it goes to the local mail
box at Gateway.  Remember that when I send mail to her with Netscape, it
works perfectly.

Anybody have any ideas?
--
Oakwood, GA 30566 USA